Just a few random things I have learned since beginning this Courtship. In no particular order and of no particular importance.
1. Aaaaaaaaggggghhhhhh!!! This person is a different person than me! And SHE (imagine that) has different thoughts than me! And she has different desires than me! And she responds to things differently than me! Still getting over the craziness of having someone else to care for and think about other than selfish me. And even someone as awesome as Gennavieve still bursts my bubble often. But, I am very glad for that.
2. Point 1 leads directly to point 2. I have learned that I am much more of a sinner than I previously thought. I am a selfish snob. And for that statement I don’t think I need to make any clarifications, redactions or do any back-pedaling. It stands true as stated. I am a selfish snob. And since I am one, I dont really care to put flesh on that statement to let y0u know in what ways I am a selfish snob. But rest assured that my God is in the process of sanctifying me.
3. Gennavieve Ramey (hopefully soon gennavieve elaine ramey green) is a wonderful, godly, sweet, loving, happy, mature, cheerful, wise, respectful and downright awesome young woman. It is my daily prayer that I will have the privilege to pray for her daily as her husband for the rest of my life.
4. People asking when ‘the big date’ is can get annoying. No offense to those of you who have already asked, but at times, early on in a courtship where things are still a little unsteady and you are still struggling to get the ball rolling, it can get a little irksome. I would never have thought so previously but, here I be, and those are my two cents.
5. I am courting her. And she is courting me. We are courting each other. There is an each-otherness or rather a togetherness that I have not experienced ever before in my life and is really weird. Different may be a better term to describe what it is like. Or perhaps DIFFERENT would describe it even better. Being identified as Genna’s young man and having her identified as Caleb’s young lady is definitely an odd phenomenon for me and for her as well.
6. Have you ever seen Mark Gungor’s, “Laugh your way to a better marriage”? If you have not then you should. It is perhaps tantamount to heresy to abdicate your responsibility to see this film before marriage. JK. Anyways, he is very funny but yet shows incredible wisdom on how to relate to your spouse (or courting partner) in an understanding way. Every day I see situations that he described unfolding before my eyes and it makes me want to laugh.
I am so glad for the things that God has taught me thru this. I am so happy for the privilege that God has given me in being able to court Gennavieve. I pray that God will continue to break me of my sin and selfishness so I can fulfill this calling.
I love you so much Gennavieve!!!
For the King,